Who should apply
Opportunities exist for researchers (including graduate students) in all shipboard specialties, including but not limited to sedimentologists, petrologists, micropaleontologists, paleomagnetists, petrophysicists, borehole geophysicists, igneous geochemists, inorganic geochemists, organic geochemists, and microbiologists.
You are welcome on IODP expeditions! The JRSO encourages applications from all and does not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability (that would allow you to sail on a ship).
- USA: US Science Support Program (USSSP)
- Europe and Canada: ECORD Science Support & Advisory Committee (ESSAC)
- Japan: Japan Drilling Earth Science Consortium (J-DESC)
- P.R. China: IODP-China
- Brazil: IODP-CAPES
- Australia/New Zealand: Australia-New Zealand IODP Consortium (ANZIC)
- Korea: Korea International Ocean Discovery Program (K-IODP)
- India: IODP-India