Call for Applications to Sail
Current Science Reports
- Expedition 378 Science Reports
- Expedition 378 Daily Reports
- Expedition 378 Week 4 Report
- Site U1553 Summary
- Expedition 378 Week 4 Photo Gallery
Recent Science Reports
Expedition 378: South Pacific Paleogene Climate
News Stories See all news stories
- Scientists Get First Look At Rocks Causing Slow Moving Quakes
- Eclectic Rocks Influence Earthquake Types
- These microbial communities have learned to live at Earth’s most extreme reaches
- Beyond the abyss: The mission to drill through the Earth's crust
News Releases See all news releases
What Is IODP?
The International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is an international research collaboration that coordinates seagoing expeditions to study the history of the Earth recorded in sediments and rocks beneath the ocean floor. The JOIDES Resolution Science Operator (JRSO) operates the scientific drillship JOIDES Resolution on behalf of the National Science Foundation. See the JRSO Code of Conduct.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of the scientific ocean drilling community by maximizing the science the JOIDES Resolution delivers.